Saturday, September 4, 2010

Wow, What A day!

D&D on Padre Island

This was a terrific day, for Decah! As I said in my morning update, Decah made so much improvement, overnight. As the day went on, she just kept gaining momentum! She had a meager lunch, but had a terrific dinner! She had three visitors, which she really enjoyed. She spent the majority of the day sitting up, out of bed, watching some TV.
We went for several walks, through the hospital. With each walk, she gained speed, and stability. We really worked hard on her therapy, and she responded very well! I ended up staying at the hospital all day, and late into the evening. Usually, I would leave for lunch, and dinner, but spent the entire day, and evening with D. I didn't feel as though I was interfering with her rest. She should sleep well, tonight! I know I will!

I am anxious to return, in the morning, so I can see how much better, she will be! If she gets much better, I may have to be hospitalized, so I can catch up to her! She took several phone calls, and really enjoyed talking to friends. She has her cell phone, now, so is taking calls.

I will make a post in the morning, as soon as I get her set for the day. I know she will want to shower, right away, and I plan to be there in time for breakfast, so we can enjoy the morning, together. We're hoping the IVs will be removed, tomorrow.

Thanks, for all the prayers, and good thoughts, because they are working!

Good night, all.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Thank you so much for sharing the updates. I have to say it is so reassuring hearing how well Decah is recuperating and quickly too. I know how much comfort it gives her to have you nearby helping her to regain her strength. Please pass on my love and know that I am keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.